Bremerhaven. (bm) Founded in 1993, Rubicon Bakers LLC produces high quality, scratch-made baked goods that offer a complete solution for in-store bakeries. The company’s in-house product development team creates innovative and delicious new offerings including vegan and plant-based options. The bakery combines efficiency from state-of-the-art equipment with unique hand-finished details to provide compelling and differentiated treats to customers on a national scale in the U.S.
Headquartered in Richmond, California, Rubicon is a mission-driven organization that combats structural barriers to employment by hiring those who have been incarcerated, homeless, or recently recovered from substance abuse. The company is one of the few in the food manufacturing segment that does not have to desperately look for new personnel. On the contrary, the list of applicants is long and fluctuation is low.
Currently, Rubicon Bakers is experiencing exciting times, is undergoing a generational change and will also experience a new phase of growth in this process. Current owners Andrew Stoloff and Leslie Crary have already prepared the company for this and have entered into a partnership with Trive Capital in Dallas (Texas) to ensure the business’ success beyond the day-to-day operations. Together with Trive partner Chris Zugaro they have now found the expertise to develop the bakery’s mission further.
This week Rubicon Bakers LLC announced the hiring of Sebastian Siethoff as Chief Executive Officer. Siethoff comes to Rubicon from Ball Corporation where he served as General Manager. He has over 20 years of experience in the food and beverage industry and previously held leadership roles at CSM Global Bakery Solutions, Wrigley, a subsidiary of Mars, McDonald’s, Unilever and Johnson + Johnson. Siethoff holds an MBA from Thunderbird School of Global Management and a master’s degree from Julius Maximilians Universität in Würzburg (Germany). Other topics of the week (Video: Rubicon on Youtube):
- Panera Brands: Prepares IPO with Next-Generation Appointments [US] Fri 05-26
- Ebro Foods: announces extraordinary Q1-2023 [ES] Fri 05-26
- Hillenbrand: to acquire the Schenck Process FPM business [US] Thu 05-25
- Fazer: renews shop-in-shop bakery business in Finland [FI] Thu 05-25
- Cargill Company: expands agriculture program to Europe [US] Thu 05-25
- Nestle S.A.: Pullings Hart succeeds Batato [CH] Thu 05-25
- Focus Brands: Names President International and CBO Jamba [US] Wed 05-24
- Rubicon Bakers: Company announces new CEO [US] Wed 05-24
- Walmart: Operating income grew 17 percent in Q1-2024 [US] Tue 05-23
- FirstFarms: Ebitda and Ebit have improved in Q1-2023 [DK] Tue 05-23
- Premier Foods: Preliminary Results FY 2022-2023 [UK] Mon 05-22
- Flowers Foods: Reports First Quarter 2023 Results [US] Mon 05-22
- Arcos Dorados: Reports Strong Q1-2023 Financial Results [UY] Sat 05-20
- BurgerFi: Reports First Quarter 2023 Results [US] Sat 05-20